Thursday, December 25, 2008

My memory of game

Before entering elementary school, I often went to the public game space. In the place, I firstly met 'Street Fighter'. It was wonderful and attracted me much. I falled in loved with it.

From that time, I ususally went there. It was my playground. I met new friends that time. But many time, what I did was just watching what people are playing. Because I wasn't in good economic positions. I was just kid.

What I remember now is that, my little crime.  I stared to steal my old syster's saved coin and went to play game. I was scared so much. But, I thought that it will be fine because what I got wasn't that big for a day. Nobody found that. But, I continued it. 

Oneday, I felt something is going wrong. She figured out it and told mother. I ran away. Still now, I cannot remember what happend next day. At that time, my father was like god. I really scared him. He knew it? I don't know. 

For me game was half of my life. I growed up with game. And I miss that time. 

(Kim Jiwoon)

4 comments:

Freya Lâm said...

This is such a nice topic! Thank you for posting it! :-)

I don't remember when I first started playing games. Probably when I first tried to say "maman" (mimicry?).

But as for computer games / video games...

My first games would be Minesweeper, FreeCell and Solitaire. I guess it's everyone's first games! ^^ Then I started playing MS DOS games like Aladdin, Theme Hospital, and Civilization. I hardly played Mario. The only time I played Mario is when I go visit my friend who was and still is a Mario addict.

Then I started playing Comandos, Star Craft, War Craft, Age of Empires, Tomb Raider (still playing during the long vacations from APU), Hitman, and Alone in the Dark. I like PS games but the PS "officially" belongs to my brother so the only game I play on PS is Crash Bandicoot.

After getting in APU, I don't play as much as I used to. I play not for fun but for stress release. I look for Arcade games like Dinner Dash, Build a lot, and Lemon Tycoon because they are quite easy to master. The only thing it takes to master these games is time or practice.

When you say "memory of (playing) games", all of my memories of Tomb Raider came back. This is the best game in the world for me. I love all of the versions of the game. I feel more like playing the game since the main character is female. I got even crazier about this game when Angelina Jolie, my favorite actress, starred as Lara Croft. I'm really happy that we have Tomb Raider in the game world because *one: the main character is a girl, making me more related to the game as FPS games have mainly male characters *two: my guy friends agree with me that regardless of having the main character as female, the scenes and the shooting are masculine.
I can talk forever about Tomb Raider ~~~ <3

Freya Lâm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freya Lâm said...

Ok. Now I read your post and I would say ... erm... thank you for sharing. *grin*

I'm wondering... Do you feel better now that game is not half but maybe a bit of your life?
Is it healthier (mentally and morally) not to let game take too much of your time?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment. I also played Tomb Raider before. I couldn't continue it because it was hard to find right way. As you know, it needed much patience.

I don't think it became healthier not to play that much like before.

But from someday, Starcraft came to me and took large part of my life.I enjoyed it so much and don't regret that time.

By the way, now I'm not playing it. When I changed my computer it was also gone. and now I don't play any game.

If I get the game again, I definitely fall in love with the game.